Following a spine fusion your ability to do many activities will be limited. This can include normal daily activities and occupational duties. It is best to make arrangements before surgery to have these needs met.
In This Article:
- Preoperative Preparation for Spine Fusion Surgery
- Prepare for Blood Loss after Spinal Fusion Surgery
- Maximize the Ability to Heal After Spine Fusion Surgery
- Arrange for Assistance at Home and Work
- How to Prep Your Home for Spine Surgery Recovery Video
- Back Surgery Video: How Spinal Fusion Stops Back Pain
The extent of the assistance you may need depends on many things:
- Specific type of fusion surgery to be completed
- Your age
- Nerve function
- Type of job
- Amount of help you have at home
It is important to discuss all these factors with your surgeon prior to the surgery, and get a fairly good understanding of when you will be allowed to return to modified/full duty at work so that you can plan accordingly.