Spine fusions are usually recommended because your ability to do daily activities is restricted.
Despite this, it is important that you remain as active as possible before surgery.
In This Article:
- Preoperative Preparation for Spine Fusion Surgery
- Prepare for Blood Loss after Spinal Fusion Surgery
- Maximize the Ability to Heal After Spine Fusion Surgery
- Exercise Prior to Spine Fusion Surgery
- Arrange for Assistance at Home and Work
- How to Prep Your Home for Spine Surgery Recovery Video
- Back Surgery Video: How Spinal Fusion Stops Back Pain
You should try to take daily walks or do other aerobic exercise.
Even a small bit of activity is better than no activity at all.
Your physician may even request that you attend physical therapy to enhance your level of conditioning prior to surgery.