Meet Adam S. Kanter, MD
Dr. Kanter is a board-certified and fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with UPMC Department of Neurosurgery.
His areas of interest include minimally invasive spine surgery, lateral based approaches to the spine (XLIF), complex spine surgery, artificial disc replacement, spinal tumors, and spinal cord regeneration.
Dr. Kanter at a Glance
- Dr. Kanter is an associate professor of neurological surgery and director of the minimally invasive spine and fellowship programs at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- He has received several honors, such as being named among America’s Top Doctors and Pittsburgh’s Best Doctors.
Dr. Kanter is committed to alleviating your pain.
Dr. Kanter is a member of UPMC Department of Neurosurgery.
Directions to our primary location in
How Adam S. Kanter, MD Can Help You
- Adult Scoliosis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Degenerative Conditions
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Disc Herniation
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Metastatic Tumor
- Nerve Compression
- Nerve Entrapments
- Spinal Compression Fractures
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal Deformities
- Spinal Lesions
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Trauma
- Spinal Tumors
- Traumatic Injuries
- Ulnar Nerve Entrapment
- CT-Guided Surgery
- Cervical Discectomy
- Endoscopic Spinal Tumor Resection
- Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion (XLIF)
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Reconstruction
- Traditional Surgery
- Tumor Resection
What Patients are Saying About Adam S. Kanter, MD
This was my fifth visit concerning need for surgery for pain control and possibility of surgical intervention. Two of these visits were with in-network orthosurgeons; two with in-network neurosurgeons and then finally with Dr. Kanter. The two orthosurgeons wanted to do surgery to release entrapped nerve and stabilize part of the spine with rods and plates. First neurosurgeon would not operate because he said I could come out with more problems. Second neurosurgeon referred me to Dr. Kanter. I finally have connected with the right doctor. Dr. Kanter, the resident who did my initial intake and all staff from receptionist to schedulers were amazing. Even when I had a question and called the nurses office the response was quick and she answered all my questions. Can't say enough about this neurosurgery department. It is still uncertain about my treatment plan until further testing is done but I know I am in the best of hands.— UPMC Patient
Dr. Kantor is prompt, thorough and professional. When it became clear that I would need back surgery, my wife and I asked around the medical community for recommendations; Dr. Kantors' name was overwhelmingly the response. I feel the recommendations were warranted and Dr. Kantor is worth his reputation.— UPMC Patient
Accolades for Adam S. Kanter, MD
- Fellowship trained, University of California at San Francisco
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Society of Lateral Access Surgeons
- Society of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- AANS/CNS Joint Section on Spine & Peripheral Nerves
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
Office Information for Adam S. Kanter, MD
200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Profile last updated: March 29, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.