Dr. Carol McFarland is a physical therapist with more than 40 years of therapy experience. She specializes in spine rehabilitation, especially for post-surgery patients, as well as injury prevention and sports injuries.
Dr. McFarland has been published in numerous medical journals, and she co-authored the book Rehabilitation Protocols for Surgical and Nonsurgical Procedures: Lumbar Spine. For many years she has served as an instructor for North American Seminars, teaching courses on therapy techniques to use with patients following spine surgery.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, Texas Physical Therapy Association
- Member, American Physical Therapy Association
- Past Chair, Spinal Rehabilitation Committee, American Back Society
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties
- Specialist Certification, Orthopaedics
- BS – Physical Therapy, Boston University
- MS – Kinesiology and Exercise Science, University of Texas at Tyler
- PhD – Physical Therapy, Texas Woman’s University