Dr. Donald Murphy is a chiropractor with more than 25 years of experience specializing in the treatment of spine pain. He is also an educator and consultant, serving as a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Family Medicine at Brown University.
Dr. Murphy has consulted on spine care guidelines for various organizations, such as the American College of Environmental and Occupational Medicine, the American College of Physicians, and the American Pain Society.
He wrote the textbook Clinical Reasoning in Spine Pain, as well as numerous articles published in peer-reviewed medical journals, such as The Spine Journal, Chiropractic and Manual Therapies, and the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Fellow, American Back Society
- Fellow, Royal College of Chiropractors
- Researcher of the Year (2012), American Chiropractic Association
- Board of Chiropractic Examiners, State of Rhode Island
- American Chiropractic Neurology Board
- American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians
- BS – Excelsior College
- DC – New York Chiropractic College
- Internship – New York Chiropractic College Outpatient Facility