- Share on Facebook
- Share on Pinterest
- Share on Twitter
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Email this article
Gunnar Andersson, MD, PhD
Dr. Gunnar Andersson is a retired orthopedic surgeon who has more than 30 years of experience specializing in spine surgery.
He practiced at Rush University Medical Center, where he also served as Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and the President of the Medical Staff.
Dr. Andersson has taught courses and presented research papers at national and international conferences and meetings. He served on the editorial board of several medical journals, such as Spine, the Journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation, Orthopaedics Today, and the Journal of the Clinical Orthopaedic Society. He also has written, edited, and contributed chapters to numerous medical textbooks.
Dr. Andersson is a Medical Advisor for Veritas Health, where he uses his expertise in orthopedic spine care to ensure the high quality of its content.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, Academic Orthopaedic Society
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Orthopaedic Association
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Past President of Medical Staff, Rush University Medical Center
- Past President, International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine
- Past President, Orthopaedic Research Society
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Cand Med – University of Zurich, Switzerland
- MD – University of Göteborg, Sweden
- PhD – University of Göteborg, Sweden
- Residency – Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Sahlgren University Hospital, Sweden
- Fellowship – Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The London Hospital
Author profile last updated