Dr. Rajesh G. Arakal is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon at the Texas Back Institute. Dr. Arakal is experienced in the evaluation and treatment of spine conditions and provides advanced, minimally invasive spine surgery.
Dr. Arakal also serves as the Chief of the Department of Surgery at the Medical Center of Plano and as a spine consultant for the Michael Johnson Athletic Performance Center. He is actively involved in spinal research and is a reviewer for the International Journal of Spine Surgery.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Thurston County Medical Association
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- MD – University of Medicine and Dentistry, NJ
- Residency – Orthopaedic surgical training — University of Medicine and Dentistry, NJ
- Fellowship – Spinal Surgery — Baylor College of Medicine and the Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX
Texas Back Institute
6020 W. Parker Road
Plano, TX 75093