Dr. Isador Lieberman is an orthopedic surgeon at the Texas Back Institute. He has been performing spine surgery for more than 25 years.
He has served as Professor of Surgery at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine and as Medical Director of the Scoliosis & Spine Tumor Program at Texas Health Resource Hospital. He has been on the editorial board of medical journals such as Spine, The Spine Journal, and the Journal of Spinal Disorders & Techniques. He has given hundreds of presentations at spine medical meetings, lecturing on a variety of spine surgery topics, including scoliosis and minimally invasive spine surgery.
Dr. Lieberman holds several patents and is a recipient of multiple Cleveland Clinic Foundation Innovators Awards.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada
- Scientific Committee Member, Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Scoliosis Research Society
- Member, Spine Arthroplasty Society
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BSc – University of Toronto
- MD – University of Toronto, Faculty of Medicine
- Internship – Comprehensive Surgery, The Wellesley Hospital, Toronto
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, The Toronto Hospital
- Fellowship – Spine and Trauma Surgery, The Toronto Hospital
- Fellowship – Spine Surgery, Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK