Dr. John Mayer is a licensed chiropractor, Adjunct Associate Professor at New York Chiropractic College, and Scientific Officer and Director of Research & Innovation at the U.S. Spine & Sport Foundation. He specializes in exercise science and physical rehabilitation of musculoskeletal disorders.
He has held many leadership positions, such as the Executive Director for the Center for Neuromusculoskeletal Research at the University of South Florida. Dr. Mayer has also been appointed to numerous scientific task forces, lectured at national and international conferences, and served on editorial boards for peer-reviewed medical journals, including The Spine Journal and Chiropractic & Manual Therapies.
Dr. Mayer is a leader in spine care research, having co-authored numerous scientific articles as well as chapters in several medical textbooks, such as Evidence-Based Management of Low Back Pain and American College of Sport Medicine’s Resources for the Personal Trainer. He was given the Researcher of the Year Award by the American Chiropractic Association.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Fellow, American College of Sports Medicine
- Member, Board of Directors, U.S. Spine & Sport Foundation
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Honorary Member, Florida Chiropractic Association
- Member, National Strength and Conditioning Association
- American Chiropractic Association
- BS – Biology, The College at Brockport, State University of New York
- BS – Human Biology, National University of Health Sciences
- DC – National University of Health Sciences
- MS – Exercise Science/Physical Education, Syracuse University
- PhD – Exercise Science/Science Education, Syracuse University