Dr. Wolfgang Gilliar is a physiatrist and the Dean of the College of Osteopathic Medicine at Touro University of Nevada.
Previously Dr. Gilliar served as Dean and Professor at the New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine, adjunct Assistant Professor at Stanford University School of Medicine, and Assistant Professor at Tufts University School of Medicine.
He is actively involved in research and is the author and contributor to more than 20 medical textbooks. He founded a medical center in California and directed the Acute Brain Injury Unit at Tufts University’s Greenery Rehabilitation Center.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Educator of the Year Award, American Osteopathic Foundation
- Executive Committee of the Board of Deans, American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
- Chair of the Board of Trustees, New York Colleges of Osteopathic Educational Consortium
- Inaugural Chair of the Advanced Test Items Committee, National Board of Osteopathic Examiners
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- BS – University of Arizona
- DO – Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Residency – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, National Rehabilitation Hospital, Washington, DC