Dr. Akwasi Boah is a neurosurgeon at the Texas Back Institute. He specializes in spinal neurosurgery and oncologic spinal neurosurgery.
Dr. Boah is involved in medical research, having authored and co-authored numerous research papers. He has also presented at the NYU Department of Neurosurgery and at the NMA Section of Neurology and Neurosurgery Gathering. Dr. Boah is the recipient of several awards, including the Pathology Award and the Neuroanatomy/Neuroscience Award.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Board Eligible, American Board of Neurological Surgery
- BA – Interdisciplinary Health Services, St. Joseph’s University
- MD – Morehouse School of Medicine
- Internship – Surgery, New York School of Medicine
- Residency – Neurological Surgery, New York School of Medicine
- Fellowship – Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine