Dr. Ray Baker is an anesthesiologist specializing in interventional pain medicine and non-surgical spine care. He has more than 25 years of clinical experience serving on staff in hospitals and medical centers in Washington state.
Dr. Baker is an active researcher and educator in the field of pain medicine. He has contributed numerous chapters to medical textbooks, given presentations at dozens of scientific meetings and conferences, and published original research on epidural steroid injections and corticosteroid injections.
He has served as President of the International Spine Intervention Society and President of the North American Spine Society. Dr. Baker has also served on the Advisory Editorial Board of The Spine Journal and as a Reviewer of Pain Medicine and The Clinical Journal of Pain. He is a Clinical Professor in the Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Washington and a member of the Veritas Health Medical Advisory Board.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Member, American Society of Anesthesiology
- Member, International Spine Intervention Society
- American Board of Pain Medicine
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- BA – Biochemistry, University of California, Berkeley
- MD – University of California Irvine School of Medicine
- Residency – Anesthesiology, University of California Irvine
- Fellowship – Pain Medicine, University of Washington