Dr. Steven Hughes is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon. He specializes in conditions of the spine and uses both nonsurgical and surgical treatments. His training includes a surgical internship at Bethesda Naval Hospital and an orthopaedic surgery residency at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester. Dr. Hughes also completed a fellowship in spine surgery with Dr. Henry Bohlman at Case Western Reserve Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio.
In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Hughes has held academic appointments, serving as an Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Bowman-Gray School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, as a Clinical Assistant Professor at Georgetown University, and as a Clinical Instructor at Howard University in Washington, DC.
If you have a history of cancer, you should always check with your physician.
- MD – University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, New York
- Internship – General Surgery, Bethesda Naval Hospital
- Fellowship – Spinal Surgery, Case Western Reserve Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio
Areas of Specialization
- Spine surgery
- Cervical spine surgery
- Degenerative spinal reconstruction