Dr. Vedat Deviren is an orthopedic surgeon at the University of California San Francisco Spine Center. He specializes in lumbar spine and spinal deformities and has been a practicing spine surgeon for more than 15 years.
As a researcher, Dr. Deviren has designed new approaches to adult scoliosis and helped develop surgical technologies. He speaks at national and international conferences and has been published in medical journals, such as the International Journal of Spine Surgery, Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine, and World Neurosurgery.
Dr. Deviren teaches students and colleagues as well. He is Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of California San Francisco Medical Center and co-chairs an annual course in advanced spine techniques.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, Scoliosis Research Society
- Member, International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine
- Member, Society of Lateral Access Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- MD – Hacettepe University Medical School, Turkey
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, Hacettepe University
- Fellowship – Spine Surgery, University of California San Francisco
Vedat Deviren, MD
UCSF Spine Center
400 Parnassus Ave
San Francisco, CA 94143